Some Biblical facts about accountability
• The word “Accountability” does not appear in the Bible.
• However, the word “Accountable” is mentioned 8 times in the Bible.
• Count and Ability – Allowing someone to count on your ability to stay on track with God!
WHAT DOES ACCOUNTABILITY MEAN?
• Stems from a latin word “accomptare” (to account). A prefixed form of “computare” (to calculate).
• In Kingdom governance, I will describe the word “accountability” to mean an account-giving relationship between Kingdom partners as they seek to dominate, invade and take-over the earth!
• Galatians 6:1-2 gives a helpful principle.
WHAT IS AN ACCOUNTABILITY CIRCLE?
• It is a circle of spiritually mature sisters who will keep us on track as we forge ahead!
• As you know, moving forward is indispensable.
• God works through others to make us grow.
• Proverbs 27:17.
• Matthew 18:20.
ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
• Trust – Confidentiality.
• Ability to relate – active listening too (James 1:19).
• A non-judgemental attitude (Matthew 7:1-2).
• Humility not humbility.
• Consistency (make time for accountability).
HOW POWERFUL IS AN ACCOUNTABILITY CIRCLE?
• Helps us tackle problems we face (Ecclesiastes 4:10; Galatians 6:2)
• Helps us focus on achieving our goals
• Helps us share our feelings and thoughts (Proverbs 18:24)
• Allows us find advice based on God’s word
• Brings healing to broken areas of our lives
• Strengthens the weak areas of our lives
In conclusion – take the 1st step today…
• Accountability matters and because it matters we see it in many contexts. CEO’s to Boards, in Government etc. (Ecclesiastes 4:9)
• Absence of accountability evidences how it matters.
• Proverbs 12:1 “Whoever loves discipline…”
• If you’re not in an accountability relationship, please find one today!